At Summerlyn Dental Care, we offer a variety of sedation options for our patients. IV sedation is a very common method used at our practice, which allows an extremely deep relaxed state. IV sedation works by administering the medication straight into the bloodstream with an IV.
Under the effects of IV Sedation, patients will be conscious and cooperative during the appointment while feeling relaxed. They will come out of the sedation with little or no memory of the dental appointment - which makes IV sedation for dentistry a perfect way to reduce anxiety and fear that comes with dental care.
IV sedation may be used because of a variety of reasons such as:
- Past traumatic experiences.
- High anxiety or fear.
- Sensitive teeth.
- Inability to control a gag reflex.
- Extensive dental work.
- Having multiple procedures done at once.
- Uncomfortable sitting for long periods of time.
- Nervousness about the sounds and sights during dental treatments.
- and more.
For more information on IV sedation for dentistry, ask your dentist at Summerlyn Dental Care in Bradford, Ontario - or give us a call!